You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘things that make me happy’ category.
Fall can be a beautiful season, full of the rusty colors reminiscent of Nature, as warm as a best friend’s hug. This time of the year we look forward to a bit of sightseeing, a wedding, a birthday celebration (sob, sob! I turn 26!) and a relocation to Piedmont for work.
Let’s look at each of those occasions separately:
- The Sightseeing
One day we’d like to have a wall displaying all the postcards we’ve ammassed from travels both abroad and local. We have quite a number, some ours, some from family and friends. Every city has its postcard-perfect symbol, be it a monument, a panorama or skyline. Interestingly, i don’t have a postcard from Brussels. (Will be picking one up soon!) Got one of Hooglede though!
- The Wedding
Jelle’s cousin is having a mid-October wedding. This will be our first wedding attendance as a couple and the first occasion i have to shop for in ages! For reasons best left out, i’m also doing Jelle’s shopping, so i’m secretly coordinating our outfits ♥ We’re stoked for Elin and are certain the wedding will be a beautiful celebration.
- My birthday
Easy. Following the traditional route, i’m not planning anything for my birthday. I come with a subclause in fine, fine print that says i do not discuss the subject of getting older growing up. I see this as more reason for ending up fined for all the inane things you naturally end up doing when you could really just be excused. Hence, i like surprising myself on the very verge of my birthdate.
- The move to Piedmont
For work, of course! Located in Centallo, this little gem of a restaurant is run by our good friends Walter & Selina, and just happens to be our next destination! We all worked together in New Zealand but this will be twice as fun and double the laughs. Stoked!
Alright, gotta get back to current job and current to-dos: we’re having a midfield barbecue to wish farewell to two great people we’ve worked alongside with this summer later tonight.
And, speaking of farewells, i’d like to say goodbye to someone who passed very recently. Mark, you will be missed!
Click on images for source
- Maybe it’s the advantage of being ridiculously good looking by nature, but offduty models sport some serious style of their own: Craig Arend of Altamira delivers fluid shots of the soon-to-be-big names in fashion.
- Valentina Siragusa’s Factory Style is a gem with a fresh spin on casual preppy. She knows the trends yet doesn’t adhere to any set formula to win the equation. Her recent trial with video is a winner and i do hope she keeps them coming.
- Of the “I see it, I like it, I buy Make it” credo? Then P.S. I Made This is for you! From macrame necklaces to ruffle shirts to boho headpieces, Erica Domesek presents novel ways to rework everyday items into trendy pieces in clear cut instructions:
- Office accessory must-have: the Sharpie Liquid Pencil works like an erasable pencil and becomes permanent 24 hours after
- Obsessed with shearling? Who isn’t! The Nala Jacket at Allsaints embodies everything i need this A/W10
And lastly, something to make you smile for its transparency:
Have a great midweek!
Click on images for source
Whenever i have the day off, i fancy trying new cafes specially by the seaside. One day we’ll be back in the city and i’ll be having coffee on a counter in another nondescript bar that go by the dozen, but until then i’ll be sipping my cappuccinos and aperitifs where i can smell the saltiness of the ocean
I suppose that in terms of personal peace, i find mine along the shore, whilst sitting on rattan lounges, spying tourists flock by in their indiscriminately loud apparel